Identify Job/Internship and Customize Resume Package
Part A: Identify a Job/Internship – Research is essential to a successful job search. When a job fits your personality and skills, you are more likely to succeed. In this assignment, you will identify one specific job or internship that matches your goals and skills. Using an Internet job site or UBworks, identify a specific job or internship that you are interested in and for which you are qualified. Upload the complete position description or job announcement to Sakai (or a direct link to the job announcement).
Part B: Customize resume, cover letter, references – Using the job or internship you selected, revise your resume into a document customized for the job/internship you seek. Your resume should focus on accomplishments. Please refer here for sample resume templates here.
Tips for success:
– Review the presentation under “Lessons”
– Please review this Quick Tip Video
– Make your resume strong by quantifying your accomplishments (ask yourself, “how much?” “how often?” “how many?”)
– Your cover letter should be addressed to the Hiring Manager. If you cannot find their name, you can write “Dear Hiring Manager,”
– It’s vital to incorporate key words from the job/internship description to your resume
– Your references is a separate document that includes your references’ full name, title, business address, telephone number and email address.
– Click here to access sample cover letters.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR ASSIGNMENT
File attachment Resume Rubric.docx
1420 N. Charles St., Academic Center,
Room 127, Baltimore, MD 21201
University of Baltimore-Baltimore MD,
Major: Master’s Programme in MKTG: Marketing
Expected graduation date: Winter 2018
University of Maryland, Baltimore County- Baltimore MD
Major: Bachelors in Business Management/Administration
Online Ticket Broker (current active occupation) August 2018 to current
Metro Gallery Online Ticket Brokers
• Punctuality by delivering tickets on time
• Communication skills