Once you complete your lab, click Done
For this assignment, you will continue to work on the security report for ABC, Inc. that you worked on in Weeks 1 to 3.In this week’s assignment, you will consider event logging, antivirus software, and fault tolerance as well as the steps needed to verify the security recommendations you made in prior weeks and the current week. Using your project report from Week 3 Project, complete the following tasks by adding 2- to 3-pages to the report:
- Modify the plan created in W3 Assignment 2 to accommodate suggestions and recommendations from your instructor and your own changes based on the readings and activities for this week. Color code your changes to the report so that they are easy to identify.
- Recommend a mechanism that will record event data on the folders for each department. What events should be logged and how often do these logs need to be reviewed?
- Recommend an implementation for antivirus software. Suggest a product (or products) for the organization and explain your reason for choosing that product.
- Recommend a mechanism for monitoring security alerts on the server. What types of events need to be monitored and how often do the security logs need to be reviewed by a human being as opposed to an automated process? Explain your answer.
- Describe the implementation process and timeline for your recommendations. Try to give as reasonable a timeline as possible and explain your plan.
Expand the section of your report for verifying the implementation of the security recommendations for this week. Identify what is being tested for each verification activity. This should include testing activities to make sure the security system is working properly. An example of this would be using an intentionally incorrect password to make sure the system does not allow the login.
Securing ABC’s Inc. Network: Event Log Management
All the computers within the organizations network generate records of event that occur within them. Some of this events are the routine organizational processes while others could act as indicators of decline in network health or attempted security breaches (WhatsUp Gold, 2019). The log data can be collected, stored, analyzed and monitored using advanced event and log managements systems that would ensure the organization reduces its exposure to intruders, malware, damage, data loss and legal liabilities (WhatsUp Gold, 2019). Event logging will capture data transactions to promote user accountability, security events such as user authentication and access control mechanisms, and all log entry contents. For the implementation process the company should determine the logging requirements,