- EXPLAIN THE CONTROVERSY THAT SURROUNDS DISSOCIATIVE DISORDERS.
- EXPLAIN YOUR PROFESSIONAL BELIEFS ABOUT DISSOCIATIVE DISORDERS, SUPPORTING YOUR RATIONALE WITH AT LEAST THREE SCHOLARLY REFERENCES FROM THE LITERATURE.
- EXPLAIN STRATEGIES FOR MAINTAINING THE THERAPEUTIC RELATIONSHIP WITH A CLIENT THAT MAY PRESENT WITH A DISSOCIATIVE DISORDER.
- FINALLY, EXPLAIN ETHICAL AND LEGAL CONSIDERATIONS RELATED TO DISSOCIATIVE DISORDERS THAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO YOUR PRACTICE AND WHY THEY ARE IMPORTANT
- Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2015). Kaplan & Sadockâ€™s synopsis of psychiatry (11th ed.). Wolters Kluwer.
Chapter 12, â€œDissociative Disordersâ€
Osmosis. (2017, November 20). Dissociative disorders â€“ causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, pathology Links to an external site. [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/XF2zeOdE5GYLinks to an external site.
Mad Medicine. (2019, August 18). Dissociative disorders (Psychiatry) – USMLE Step 1 Links to an external site. [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/Iz03M9pwhs0Links to an external site.
Grande, T. (2018, October 22). The dissociative identity disorder controversy (Trauma vs. Iatrogenic) Links to an external site..
- [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqTP0CP9aDk
- Explain the controversy that surrounds dissociative disorders.
- Explain your professional beliefs about dissociative disorders, supporting your rationale with at least three scholarly references from the literature.
- Explain strategies for maintaining the therapeutic relationship with a client that may present with a dissociative disorder.
- Finally, explain ethical and legal considerations related to dissociative disorders that you need to bring to your practice and why they are important.