Analysis of Processes & Workflows
1000-1500 words & Process Map
APA Format w/in text citations and at least 3 references
The transportation costs for the Ultamyacin are high, but so are the costs of building an entirely new manufacturing facility. A description of the processes is listed. The company does not know how to proceed but is beginning to embrace TQM thinking. To encourage this new direction, you want to bring more information and analysis to the next management meeting. You believe Deming’s steps could be applied here, as well as process mapping to determine what the company should do next.
To prepare for this assignment:
- Review the Current Pressed Face Powder Production Process (below)
- Research each of Deming’s 14 points for management.
Part 1 New Process Map
Create a document that contains the streamlined, optimum process map. Create an ideal process map with minimal waste.
In a paper of 1000-1500 words, explain the following:
- How the new process will address each of Deming’s 14 points, as compared to the old process? Which of the points do you think are most important, and why?
- How have you optimized the process?
- Managerial and employee goals and communication processes to reach each of Deming’s Points in the future.
The success of most management decisions lies in the identification of potential areas that a particular manager could leverage to ensure an improvement in productivity and a reduction in the cost of production. In this case the management seeks to produce face powder, with the current production process including activities in three different countries before eventual supply to the individuals responsible for feeding the product into the distribution channel.