Application Activity 1: Operational Capabilities
To support your understanding of the principles being assessed in each decision problem, and to reduce
the need for excessive number crunching, we have included an Application Activity 1 Workbook in the
Assignment Module in Blackboard. The workbook features “solvers” that have embedded formulas to
complete the calculations and to test various outcomes by adjusting the inputs.
- Download the Application Activity 1 Workbook from Blackboard.
- Go to the tab that matches the decision problem.
- Enter the relevant data into the solver, adjusting inputs (where needed) to test different scenarios.
- Take notes as you go on how changes in inputs impact performance.
- Identify an optimal solution that addresses the challenges posed in the decision problem.
- Save your work and submit the Application Activity 1 Workbook along with your written
Note: The purpose of the workbook is to help you understand the impact of changes in actions on
outputs. It is not a substitute for your written responses to the decision problems in the assignment.
These responses must be submitted in Word. You should treat this as the document you would
submit to senior management at Olde World Windows and Doors. As such, make sure your
analyses, summaries, and recommendations are well written and are clearly supported by the data.
Application Activity 1: Operational Capabilities was last modified: March 8th, 2023 by