Attorney General Jeff Sessions
ead these 2 Articles with the required pages, and answer the 2 questions down below.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions, “Remarks on Efforts to Combat Violent Crime and Restore Public Safety Before Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement,” pp. 1-4
Jeremy Berke, “Jeff Sessions ‘Appears Intent on Taking Us Back to the 1908s’ and the ‘War on Drugs,’” pp. 1-4
Question 1. The following questions relate to the. In each response, use signal phrases and correct MLA citations. Be sure to keep your notes for all of the readings handy on your computer or on paper copies.
- According to Sessions, what are TWO appropriate responses to drugs and violent crime in the US? Explain each, citing from the text.
- Identify one point Sessions makes you find compelling, persuasive, or that you would concede to from these remarks and explain why.
- Identify one point you find unconvincing, less convincing, or problematic from these remarks and explain why.
Question 2. The following questions relate to theregarding Sessions’ remarks. In each response, use signal phrases and correct MLA citations. Be sure to keep your notes for all of the readings handy on your computer or on paper copies.
- What is the major takeaway or primary point of Berke’s article? Explain in your own words and cite from the text.
- What points relate to this key idea?
- Based on this article alone, what is your impression of Sessions’ position? (Do you find Sessions position convincing or not, based only on Berke’s reporting?)
- Having read Sessions’ remarks directly, you think that Berke fairly represented Sessions’ position? Why or why not?
Solution PreviewAccording to the article, one of the strategies that Sessions suggest to be used in responses to drug and violent crime is cracking down the drug offenders. The outlook is driven by Session’s claim that the “scourge” of drugs can be solved through criminal…