Case Study – Cost Containment
Choose a current event pertaining to an effort to contain costs or review this case study:
Manzoli, L., Di Candia, V., Flacco, M. E., Panella, M., Capasso, L., Sargiacomo, M., & … Muraglia, A. (2012). The impact of health policy: the extreme case of Abruzzo, Italy. International Journal of Care Pathways, 16(4), 115-121. doi:10.1177/2040402613479343
Write a four- to six-page report evaluating the case and providing your recommendations for this case. Your report should address the following substantive requirements:
- Description of what occurred, who was affected, and rationale
- Assessment of the case from the following perspectives:
- Health reform – illustrate how this case and your role as administrator are different now due to changes in health law and expectations from health reform.
- How cost containment plays a factor in your decision.
- Recommendations for implementation of procedures or partnerships to continue containing costs and increasing efficiency.
Your well-written report should meet the following structural requirements:
- Be four to six pages in length, not including the cover or reference pages.
- Formatted APA writing guidelines.
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of four scholarly articles. Two of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but two must be external.
- Use correct terminology pertaining to the law and ethics
- Utilize the following headings to organize the content in your work.
- Introduction and Description
Recently, cost-containment policies are being applied both at the local and national levels globally. Notably, healthcare supply can be affected by the cost containment policies in that such strategies might trigger the appropriate provision…