Case Study Part 1
You will be writing two case papers and two other learning activities on Henry Williams this semester. Henry was admitted to our unit during the night (about 01:20). Please review Henry Williams’ introductory audio (or read the transcript of his introduction). Review his home medication list/ admission database and his patient chart.
This paper, Part 1, will focus on social justice and and health disparities and how Henry is impacted by these.
- You will identify healthcare disparities that might affect Henry. Please use the Healthy People 2030 definition of a healthcare disparity, “a particular type of health difference that is closely linked with social, economic, and/or environmental disadvantage.”
- For each disparity, you will discuss the impact that this disparity has on Henry.
- For each disparity, you will develop an action plan to reduce the impact of the disparities on Henry. The action plans should be specific and local, not just global statements such as “eliminate disparities”.
- Go beyond the surface. Be detailed, be specific, use evidence and statistics.
- The paper should be 3 to 6 pages long, excluding cover page, references, and any appendices.
- You should include at least 3 references that are scholarly and less than 5 years old.
- At least one reference should be from a nursing source. You may use your Honan text or other nursing textbooks where appropriate.
- This paper should be written in APA format.
- APA is a very formal writing style. Remember to use full sentences and correct grammar. Also, APA papers are written in the third person. This means that when you are writing your plan, do not write “I would ….”