Describe one or more inspiring teachers or instructors from your experiences as a student.
Listen to a reading of The Green Monongahela (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQkRyOfxYUQ) by John Taylor Gatto (page 35-45) SEE ATTACHMENT
Respond to ONE of the following prompts at fair length.
1. Describe one or more inspiring teachers or instructors from your experiences as a student.
2. How do you feel about advocating for students?
3. What were some childhood experiences that occurred outside of the school setting that educated you?
Enjoy School: The Story of American Public Education (http://www.3cmediasolutions.org/f/77af8ed3122080d6ea0dddbdd6364551f1afa741) (Links to an external site.)by Films for the Humanities & Sciences / Films Media Group
Respond to at LEAST 3 of the following prompts.
1. What do you think of the policy of denying extracurricular participation due to low grades?
2. How do you view school vouchers and school choice initiatives?
3. What types of schools do you believe should be state-supported voucher schools?
4. What are your views of homeschooling, school privatization, and charter schools?
5. Why do you think it took 8 years past the passage of the civil rights act to make progress in integrating schools?
6. What are your thoughts on state-adopted high national standards and standardized testing?
7. What are the pros and cons of the core knowledge teaching style as versus the progressive model of teaching?
8. What are your thoughts regarding school violence?
Image preview for”describe one or more inspiring teachers or instructors from your experiences as a student.”