Option #1: Staffing Strategy
You are the Director of Human Resources for a rapidly growing technology firm. In the past three weeks, your organization has seen a huge increase in profitability and has contracted with 30 new corporate clients. Your employees are doing the best they can to ensure the success of your organization during this time of being understaffed, but the CEO, CFO, managerial staff, and others know that the company needs to hire new employees.
For this Critical Thinking Assignment, do the following:
1. Provide information about the technology industry. Specifically, explain details through conducting research regarding the competitive nature of this industry.
2. Make a case for hiring either full-time, contingent or contract employees. Explain the benefits and drawbacks of hiring your selected workforce type(s).
3. Since you will need to recruit over 100+ technology employees, given organizational growth, explain if you believe that the recruitment function should be kept in-house or outsourced. Justify your rationale.
• Write a 4- to 6-page paper not including the title and reference pages, which are required.
• For this assignment, refer to the website entitled Writing an Effective Essay (Links to an external site.).
• You can download and save the APA Template Paper (Links to an external site.) as your own paper and replace the placeholders with your own information. This template is already formatted in APA style according to the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.). Do not change the formatting of this template.
• This is an individual paper; however, you should reflect on our discussion forums and incorporate ideas from there, as appropriate.
• Include a formal references page. You must support your analysis with at least 4 to 6 scholarly references and can include resources from this course. Your paper must be properly cited and formatted according to the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.) APA standards.
• The CSU Global Library (Links to an external site.) is a good place to find these sources. You cannot use Wikipedia or any CSU Global assignment. For this assignment, a credible source is defined as:
o A scholarly or peer-reviewed journal article.
o A government-based website or publication.
o A trade or industry journal article, publication, or website, including those from trade organizations such as SHRM.org and TD.org.
Image preview for”you are the Director of Human Resources for a rapidly growing technology firm. “