Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 800 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
Having experienced a robust debate discussion on the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, and trends (SWOTT) analysis and strategic planning for a particular fast-food franchise, it is time to shift gears a bit and consider the competition in the fast-food industry. Read this article to frame this week’s discussion. Complete the following:
- Identify 1 or 2 other major competitors in the fast-food industry, and describe their sources of competitive advantage.
- Discuss a current issue that this industry faces. It could be favorable or unfavorable to the industry.
- Which of the major competitors has the strongest competitive advantage and ability to overcome the barriers presented by the current issues identified and why?
Part 2: Based on the first initial of your last name:
- First initial M-Z: provide an argument ‘FOR’ the success of the fast-food franchise’s competitors. Submit your position by posting in the Unit 2 Debate forum, under the ‘FOR’ topic.
- First initial A-L: provide an argument ‘AGAINST’ the ability of the competition to overtake fast-food franchise. Submit your position by posting in the Unit 2 Debate forum, under the ‘AGAINST’ topic.
In both considerations, provide research that supports your assertions.
Any business investment achieves success within a particular industry as a result of maintaining a competitive advantage over its competitors. Managers within different companies always develop policies with the objective…