Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper answering the questions from the end of the case study.
Your assignment this week is to discuss and analyze a case study using the course concepts and terminology from our texts, and to provide the agency management/leadership with your recommendations.
Read the Multi-Jurisdictional Drug Units case study starting on p. 335, Ch. 11 of Criminal Justice Organizations Administration and Management (Stojkovic, Kalinich, & Klofas, 2015). Note: Access the case study via the Criminal Justice Organizations Case Study link in the Wk 4 Learning Activities folder.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper answering the questions from the end of the case study. Emphasize strategies that could have prevented much of the conflict that occurred in the scenario. Use the questions in “Think like an Administrator” on p. 337 for topics to cover. Note: a brief introduction of the case study is acceptable but do not merely restate the scenario verbiage without providing substantive analysis and recommendations based on the following questions from Stojkovic, Kalinich, & Klofas (2015).
Questions from the end of the case study:
1. What type of conflict is described in the case study?
2. Multi-jurisdictional drug units are common across the country. What issues should be discussed and by whom before such a unit is created? How much of the impetus for the creation of these units can be attributed to increased federal funding and the irrational fear of drugs?
3. Suggest ways in which the conflict described in this case study could have been managed more effectively. Should the unit have ever existed?
Questions from Think like an Administrator:
1. Can you harness conflict by encouraging competition among groups within the organization?
2. How much conflict centers on the distribution of resources in the organization?
3. How does the desire for critical information create an atmosphere of conflict across criminal justice organizations?
4. How does a poor reward system create conflict within criminal justice organizations?
5. Describe “de-confliction” within police agencies, especially those agencies focused on multi-jurisdictional drug investigations.
6. How can conflict be used to initiate change within criminal justice organizations?
7. How do you know when conflict is both productive and/or nonproductive?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.
Stojkovic, S., Kalinich, D., & Klofas, J. (2015). Criminal Justice Organizations Administration and Management (6th ed.). Stamford, CT: Cengage Learning.
Image preview for write a 700- to 1,050-word paper answering the questions from the end of the case study.