Criminal Justice Question
In Unit Three, students learn about the measures of central tendency and the role of these statistical terms in research analysis. Students begin to review and analyze data sets presented in tables and figures in the textbook. For the Unit 3 Complete assignment, write a narrative essay (minimum 1,200 words) that addresses and discusses the questions and statements listed below. Use at least three scholarly references to support the essay and remember to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the READ and ATTEND sections. List references at the end of the essay in APA format and utilize in-text citations within the narrative to denote the information derived from the listed references.
Review the following data sets for the three variables below:
- Page 69: What type of house do you live in? (Home)
- Page 72: What is your highest level of education? (Education Level)
- Page 86: How many times have you been arrested? (Arrests)
Using the data provided in these three data sets:
- Identify the level of measurement (nominal, ordinal, interval, or ratio) for each variable and explain how that decision was reached.
- For the four different variable levels (nominal, ordinal, interval, and ratio), identify the most appropriate measure of central tendency (mean, median, or mode).
- For the three variables listed above, determine the correct measure of central tendency, and report the values for each.
- Based on the data provided for the three variables above, what conclusions can be drawn about the individuals completing this survey?
APA Format, 1344 words