8.3 End of Module Questions
Answer the following questions.
1. What are the pros and cons of using expatriates instead of relying on local employees?
2. Which criteria are most commonly used to evaluate candidates, and which should be used more often?
3. Evaluate the recent trend for the increasing use of short-term assignments. Why are these becoming more common? Is this trend beneficial to most firms, or is it likely to cause additional challenges?
4. Discuss the costs and benefits of cross-cultural training. After considering the evidence for and against it, do you feel that cross-cultural training is a worthwhile investment of time and money? Support your answer.
5. Where does the repatriation process often fall short? Describe specific challenges associated with repatriation after a foreign assignment, and ways in which the corporation could better assist their employee with this process. Some argue that awareness of one’s own culture can ease the transition into a new culture. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Provide clear examples to support your answer.
Image preview for”what are the pros and cons of using expatriates instead of relying on local employees?”