Learning Goal: I’m working on an English discussion question and need support to help me learn.
A portfolio (used when job seeking) is a collection of documents or images that provides the potential employer an overview of the applicant’s credentials, skills, and accomplishments. It demonstrates the applicant’s talents. This portfolio exercise is to give you increased experience based on your internship experience.
Interns must submit their portfolios, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Portfolios must be:
The original work of each student, demonstrating appropriate business writing skills
Professional in content and appearance, and free of spelling and grammatical errors using proper APA formatting, utilizing 12pt Times New Roman formatting.
Interns are encouraged to seek proofreading assistance; however, the document is required to be in the student’s own writing. Students are required to submit one (1) electronic copy of the final portfolio.
The portfolios will include (in this order):
1. Cover Page (Site Name, Students Name (lower left), Submission Date (lower right)
2. Professional cover letter. (12-point font Times New Roman)
3. Your updated resume reflects your internship experience,
(see link for the format of Resume and Cover Letter)
3. A one-page description of your job duties and responsibilities. (You may base this upon the written list (paragraph format)
4. A one-paragraph description, in your own words of your organization. Describe the basic nature of the organization and its mission.
5. Career Mapping Assignment, interns will develop a career pathways template clearly explaining each intern’s fifteen-year pathway in increments of five (5) years 1-5 years; 6-10 years, and 11-15 years. This is a long-range planning guide for your personal and career development. (see example link) career mapping template
Please respond by adding a NEW REPLY in the appropriate DISCUSSION GROUP. Enter your response directly in your reply, including both the questions and your answers. Each response should have a minimum of two (2) Paragraphs.
I recommend composing your report utilizing Microsoft WORD! Please paste your response into your Canvas Discussion. Please Do Not attach a document or file as your response!
What suggestions would you have for a student considering an internship in your current organization or institution? How should a new intern prepare for their experience?
What were several of the positive outcomes and challenges which you faced during your internship experience?
Describe the analysis, writing, or computer knowledge gained that has been helpful during your internship?
Do you have any suggestions for your academic college that would be beneficial for future students?
Discuss specific assignments or courses that prepared you for your internship?
Did your internship organization offer you a full-time permanent position; if so, what is the title or position, would you accept it, and why?
Image preview for”describe the analysis, writing, or computer knowledge gained that has been helpful during your internship?”