Diverse Family Structures
ePortfolio Submission 3: Diverse Family Structures
PLEASE FOLLOW 1-3 ANSWER COMPLETELY. I HAVE ATTACHED CH 5 FROM THE TEXTBOOK TO HELP WITH THIS
1. This week, you will complete the third section of your ePortfolio, which will demonstrate your cultural competence in the area of diverse family structure.
2. Watch the video featuring Monarch’s Stephen Keiley (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (video transcript). Reflect on Mr. Keiley’s comments regarding teaching and homelessness, address the following in a two- to three-page essay:
a. Mr. Keiley shared that if the child’s parents are struggling then the children will struggle as well. Discuss how you would address this as the classroom teacher.
b. Describe how you would connect with the families at this school.
c. Recommend four strategies that support a consistent, effective, and reliable learning environment
3. For additional suggestions and resources visit the Support Services page on the Monarch School (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. website.
· You paper must be two to three double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style
· Reference the course text and at least one additional, scholarly source.
Solution PreviewIn the video, Mr. Keiley, who is a teacher at Monarch School remembers his student in the third, fourth, and fifth grades. The learner used to score advanced on all the state tests she did. However, he encountered the…