Empowering Communities to Tackle HIV
Questions for Case Study #3 Empowering Communities to Tackle HIV (India’s Avahan Program) -Case 21
1. In India, what social groups are at high risk for HIV?
2. Describe the Avahan program?
3. Why was Avahan implemented?
4. What are barriers to Avahan’s success?
5. What is the ultimate lesson of Avahan?
The youths in India are at higher risk of getting infected by HIV and AIDS and related infections. The Indian youths tends to portray the highest percentage of HIV and AIDS prevalence which is highly linked to moral degradation, ignorance, lack of abstinent and failure…