Enterprise Models Reflection
Reflect on the following in a minimum of 500 words. This reflection activity is comprised of two sections collectively totaling a minimum of 500 words. Complete your reflections by responding to all prompts.
Reflect on the following questions. Demonstrate your understanding of the concepts, as well as how these concepts will affect your thinking and practice in the future.
Find and research an example of a company that started to integrate an ERP but stopped or stopped using it after a short period of time.
- Why would an organization need to integrate an ERP? Why did the specific organization in your example want to integrate an ERP?
- Provide a summary of the example you researched.
- What risks did you identify in your example? Which risks are related to the IT department?
- Who was at fault in your example?
- What advice would you provide a company that is trying to decide if implementing an ERP is right for its organization?
Tapping Online Service Providers
Demonstrate your understanding of the concepts, as well as how these concepts will affect your thinking and practice in the future, by reflecting on the following questions:
- Why are SCM, CRM, and ERP targets of hackers?
- What are examples of decisions that need to be made during the integration of SCM, CRM, and ERP that directly impact the security of the data they hold?
- What responsibility does a retail store have in protecting data in its SCM, CRM, and ERP solutions?
- What are some best practices for securing data in SCM, CRM, and ERP solutions?