Your final project will be to develop a fundraising plan for the arts organization you selected at the beginning of the term
Your final project will be to develop a fundraising plan for the arts organization you selected at the beginning of the term, using the knowledge and resources gained throughout this course.
You may revise and improve on the work you’ve already done this semester, including asset mapping, donor audience segmentation, goals and strategy table, case for support, donor appeal strategy and institutional donor strategy. Use feedback from group discussions, content covered in our class lectures and activities and your own research on your nonprofit arts organization to revise and finalize each section of the plan.
Your plan should include:
1) Your organization’s name, mission statement and a brief, one-paragraph history of its key accomplishments.
My organization’ name is The Art of Elysium, https://www.theartofelysium.org/
2) Identify two goals for the fundraising department for the upcoming year. These goals should outline what you want to accomplish in your fundraising efforts — raising a certain amount of money, acquiring or renewing a certain number of donors, or other goals that you think are critical to the organization’s fundraising success. Provide a brief explanation of how you will measure your success at reaching each goal. (You may include a strategy table here.)
3) Identify a targeted audience for each of the identified goals in #2. Provide 1-2 paragraphs on each donor audience with clear descriptions of who they are, why each donor audience would care about your nonprofit and which programs, projects or aspects of the organization would most align with their values.
4) Outline the tools and/or strategies you will use to meet your identified goals. (Direct mail, grant support, corporate sponsorships, etc.) This section will demonstrate your understanding of the most effective tools for each identified audience and a plan for their implementation over the next year. Be sure to provide a reasonable amount of detail on each strategy. Don’t just say that you’re going to ‘have a fundraising event,’—explain how many events, what types of events and how these events relate to your strategy to meet one or both of your identified goals.
5) Include an appendix of example tools, including: a. Brief 1-2 paragraph ‘Case for Support’ for your organization b. Direct mail appeal letter (you may revise from the previous assignment)
Your plan should be professional in-nature, well formatted and not look like a series of class assignments pasted together. Please use 12pt. font with at least 1.5-line spacing. Also, be sure to proofread!
Image preview for your final project will be to develop a fundraising plan for the arts organization you selected at the beginning of the term