Haiti Polio Case Study
Questions for Case Study #2 An Outbreak Halted in Its Tracks-Eliminating Polio in Haiti (case 7 on form)
1. Why are some countries at risk for continued outbreaks?
2. What stages did Haiti’s ESS follow in the summer of 2000?
3. What agents (groups) were involved in stopping the outbreak in 2001? What was the cost?
4. What factors in Haiti might lead to a recurrence?
5. What is the current debate concerning best strategies for polio control?
Solution PreviewSome cases are more at risk of suffering from cases of polio due to economic and healthcare efficiency differences. While some economies have highly efficient healthcare systems, others do not. The attention provided to the prevention of polio, such as using vaccines…
Haiti Polio Case Study was last modified: July 16th, 2018 by