How was the conflict over slavery intensified by US expansion?
Answer the following questions. Answers must be thorough and come from the book (not other sources). Here is the book : http://www.americanyawp.com/
Details: Assignment Questions
- How was the conflict over slavery intensified by US expansion?
- What were the three major revolutions of the late 1700s/early 1800s?
- What was the “balancing act” that the US attempted to achieve upon its expansion? Why was this so important?
- What were the three ways that the Constitution defended slavery?
- What was the Missouri Compromise? What were its causes and effects?
- Why was 1845 particularly significant?
- How did the Mexican-American War affect slavery? What did the Compromise of 1850 stipulate?
- What was the Kansas-Nebraska Act? Why was it significant?
- What did the Supreme Court rule in Scott v. Sandford (1857)? Why was this significant?
- What was the outcome of the election of 1860?
- What are some reasons that the South’s secession was not over states’ rights?
- Who were the candidates in the election of 1860?
- What was the basis of Confederate nationalism?
- What was the first battle of the Civil War? What were its causes and effects?
- What were the four border states? Why were they so critical to the outcome of the war?
- What did the Emancipation Proclamation stipulate? What was Lincoln’s thinking in freeing the slaves in this manner?
- What was Reconstruction?
- Describe African Americans’ political representation during Reconstruction.
- What were the main concerns of ex-slaves? What was the role of Black churches in the south?
- What were the three major forms of racist violence during Reconstruction? How did Reconstruction end?
Answer preview how was the conflict over slavery intensified by US expansion?
History 011 was last modified: November 10th, 2022 by