What was the founders’ attitude toward democracy?
Answer the following questions. Answers must be thorough and come from the book (not other sources). Note: you do not need to provide definitions of the vocab, which are only provided to help you prepare for the quiz.
- What was the founders’ attitude toward democracy?
- What was the Missouri Compromise? What were its causes and effects?
- What was the Nullification Crisis? What were its causes and effects?
- Describe Jackson’s Bank War? What were its causes and effects?
- What were the causes and effects of the Panic of 1837?
- In what ways did racism worsen during this era?
- Describe the Second Great Awakening. What were its causes and effects?
- Why was whiskey so frequently consumed during this period?
- What was the Abolitionist Movement? How did it evolve from the 1830s to the 1840s? What were its strategies?
- Why was cotton so profitable? How much cotton did the US expand in 1860? What percentage of total exports did cotton represent?
- In what ways did slavery change following the increased profitability of cotton?
- What was the internal slave trade? Why and how did the production of slaves grow?
- In what ways did southerners defend the practice of slavery?
- How did the availability of steam power change the south?
- How did southern cities develop from 1820-1860?
- What forms of terrorism did enslavers use to control slaves? How did this affect women and men?
- What was Manifest Destiny?
- Why did the US annex Florida? What was its policy there?
- What led to Texas’s secession from Mexico?
- What were the causes and effects of the Mexican-American War?
Answer preview what was the founders’ attitude toward democracy?