How do you understand “doing well by doing good” in the video
- How do you understand “doing well by doing good” in the video? Did Aditya achieve sustainability at the expense of making profit? Discuss it based on your understanding on the chapters by Eptein and Buhova (2014) and include the concept of sustainability from the chapter. WATCH Video on Youtube: Doing Well by Doing Good: Global Sustainability at Aditya Birla Group
- Besides focusing on environmental issues, what other issues can often improve productivity and revenues? Explain.
- Why sustainability now demands our urgent attention? What is the main challenge of sustainability for business and executives according to the Epstein & Buhovac (2014)?
- a) In the history of American economy, is there any similar trade policy took effect? What was its impact?
- b) Without considering from political perspective, what do you think the consequence of the new trade policy? What is the purpose/ goal of this policy? Will the goal be reached? What implications can we draw from the history?
The statement, “doing well by doing good” refers to businesses creating financially successful firms and a sustainable world through social corporate responsibility. Thus, the view implies that organizations should seek sustainable…