Human Resource excutive
Within organizations, the human resources department is considered an ally by some managers and a barrier by others. The legal requirements of managing HR require you to be the dispenser of policies, procedures, and rules at times and a trusted counselor and guide at other times. There are varying perspectives on the value HR policies bring to an organization. In other words, the policies, procedures, or rules may be viewed as tools that help or hinder leaders from managing their people and will either detract from or enhance company performance. When not properly aligned with the company’s goals, they can negatively affect the success of the organization. You know that you need to review the current HR policies, procedures, and rules and anticipate that you may be recommending changes, additions, or deletions. Because you are still new and solidifying your position within the company, you are concerned that missteps now will cost you your “place at the table.”
You decide to consult with your mentor-an experienced, powerful HR executive at another company. She presents the following for you to consider:
- What steps will you take in your policy, procedure, and HR rules review with the jewelry company?
- What will that involve? As you consider their HR policies, how will you ensure they are effectively aligned with what you see as the company’s goals?
- If you find areas where policy revision is needed, how will you present your recommendations?
- How do you feel your recommendations will be viewed?
- Do you anticipate resistance? If so, what plan do you have to overcome that?
- What do you see as the possible outcome from policy revision in terms of impact on the company’s performance?
- Write her an e-mail addressing these issues.
Note: You are required to use a minimum of 2 scholarly references in your research. Ensure that citations and references are formatted in compliance with APA style.
Human Resource Executive
REF: Human Resources Policy Changes
I hope this finds you well.
I am writing to seek information about some of the aspects of human resources that you are better versed at since you have vast experience within the field.
Since joining the jewelry company, I have acquainted myself with relevant information about the firm and the role that needs to be played by human resources so as to increase its success towards enabling the strategic goals of the organization.
In my opinion, the human resource department plays a critical role within the organization and thereby needs to be supported by all departmental heads for success to be achieved. As a result, HR policies should be reviewed from time to time to ensure that they are aligned to the strategic organizational goals of the company.