Explain the Importance of Information Technology (IT) Policies and the Use of the IT Policy Evaluation Tool
Topic: Explain the Importance of Information Technology (IT) Policies and the Use of the IT Policy Evaluation Tool
Details: For this task, you will create a comprehensive presentation suitable for an audience consisting of your CIO and director of IT infrastructure and could also include senior management. You will present and explain the following information:
1. Provide a high-level overview of the evaluation tool’s components.
2. Explain the benefits of adopting your evaluation tool in your organization.
3. Describe the tool’s strengths and weaknesses.
4. Offer recommendations for the changes needed to make your tool more effective.
5. Create a new evaluation chart that incorporates your suggested changes (include the new chart in an appendix).
6. Use your new, improved evaluation tool to re-evaluate the organization’s IT policy from last week.
7. Describe how the organization’s IT policy evaluation has changed due to your recommended improvements.
8. Determine if your recommended changes were successful in conducting a more effective evaluation.
9. Include examples of potentially new IT policies and demonstrate how your tool would evaluate those policies.
10. Evaluate the strategic value of having effective IT policies and adopting your evaluation tool. Include either Business Continuity Plans (BCP) or Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP) in your description.
Remember, you are formulating a presentation for a real-world scenario. You are not writing an essay. Therefore, write this scenario from a real-world professional perspective, instead of an academic perspective. Be sure to use theories and academic concepts to inform your presentation; however, your focus should be on your solution and on the application of academic concepts in the real world.
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as “speaker notes” for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists.
Support your presentation with at least five scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Image preview for”explain the benefits of adopting your evaluation tool in your organization”