What kind of test bias does this represent?
Week 4 Topic:
Read and study issues related to test bias in chapter 19 of your text.
On page 532 your text states: “On average, African Americans score about 15 points lower than white Americans on standardized IQ tests. This difference equates to approximately one standard deviation.” I want each student to research this issue and post at least one quality site in your post.
You might want to begin by researching:
- IQ Test Bias:
- Arthur Jensen
Arthur Jensen published material that became very controversial. You will want to look over his material since this was the beginning of an ongoing debate.
- What kind of test bias does this represent?
- How does test bias negatively impact individuals?
- What is the best way to correct this situation?
- What legislation and other protections have been put in place to insure that all individuals have equal chances of success?
- Do we rely too heavily on test results?
Image preview for what kind of test bias does this represent?