1. Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
2. Read Chapter 4, “Literature Review” from the textbook Research Methods for Social Workers: A Practice-Based Approach.
3. View the following resources:
a. PDF File: What is a Literature Review? (new tab)
b. Video: Interview on the Purpose of a Literature Review(new tab)
4. Respond to the following prompts:
a. Identify and discuss the three purposes of the literature review.
b. Give at least two examples of each purpose.
5. Your initial post of at least 250 words is due by the end of the third day of the workshop.
Image preview for”identify and discuss the three purposes of the literature review. “