What is meant by the term manager as a coach (MAC)?
Most of us are familiar with the role of a manager and that of a leader. We also know the functions each is expected to perform. However, there is a trend in the UK that puts managers in a different role. This trend is a manager as a coach. (MAC) and will be the focus of this assignment. Before beginning the tasks, please read the following article.
In a 3-page paper answer the following questions
1. What is meant by the term manager as a coach (MAC)?
2. Is this role more appropriate for a leader or manager?
3. What are the advantages and dis advantages regarding (MAC)?
4. How does it fit with the other roles of a manager and leader?
5. Would this be an effective tool in a health care setting as a leader? Why or Why not?
1. Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your responses to each questions
Ladyshewsky, R.K. (2010). The manager as a coach as a driver of organizational development. Leadership & Organization Development Journal, 31 (4), 292-306. doi: 10. 1108/01437731011043320
Image preview for what is meant by the term manager as a coach (MAC)?