McGee Carpet and Trim installs carpets in commercial offices
McGee Carpet and Trim installs carpets in commercial offices. Andrea McGee has been very concerned with the amount of time it took to complete several recent jobs. Some of her workers are very unreliable. A list of activities and their optimistic completion time, the most likely completion time, and the pessimistic completion time (all in days) for a new contract are provided in a given table. Following are the activities that are required to install the carpets in the offices:
- Activity 1: Measure office room dimensions
- Activity 2: Estimate cost
- Activity 3: Material requisition
- Activity 4: Workforce requisition
- Activity 5: Special tool requisition
- Activity 6: Installation
- Activity 7: Inspection and customer acceptance
Activity 2 starts immediately after Activity 1. Activity 3, Activity 4, and Activity 5 start concurrently after Activity 2. Activity 6 does not start until after Activity 3, Activity 4, and Activity 5 are completed. The carpet installation project is complete after Activity 7 is completed. If OT = Optimistic Time, MT = Most Likely Time, and PT = Pessimistic Time, use a Program Evaluation Review Estimate (PERT) to compute the statistical time for each activity, as in the following table:
You must also do the following:
- Determine the expected completion time and the variance for each activity
- Determine the total project completion time and the critical path for the project
- Determine Early Start (ES), Early Finish (EF), Late Start (LS), and slack for each activity
- What is the probability that McGee Carpet and Trim will finish the project in 40 days or less?
- Define project management and the necessary requirements.
- Analyze implications of changes in project scheduling.
- Evaluate application of project management techniques in terms of the firm’s business operational goals and requirements.
Please submit your assignment in an APA-formatted paper.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Body: The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 2–3 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper- and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.
Solution PreviewThis paper will respond to Andrea McGee on her opinions about the time her employees took to complete several recent jobs. Later, there will be calculations of the Expected Time and the variance of all the activities in the project. This will be made possible through the use of Program Evaluation Review …