Differentiate between bacterial infection and bacterial intoxication.
Use the information presented in the module folder along with your readings from the
textbook to answer the following questions.
- Differentiate between bacterial infection and bacterial intoxication.
- Discuss the importance of E. coli as part of our intestinal flora.
- Describe three (3) different types of gastrointestinal diseases caused by bacteria.
Be sure to give the name of the specific organism that causes each, describe some
common signs and symptoms and discuss treatment for each disease:
- Define meningitis. Compare and contrast between bacterial and viral meningitis
including treatment for each.
- What is a prion? Describe the impact prions have on the human brain and discuss
two prion-associated diseases in humans:
- What is a vector-borne (vector transmitted) disease? Give an example of a vector
borne disease and the vector responsible for causing it:
Answer preview differentiate between bacterial infection and bacterial intoxication.