Migration Patterns and Module 3 Discussion: Immigration in the U.S.
Migration Patterns Assignment
- Take a look at this interactive map on migration (链接到外部网站。), click the tabs on top to check and examine the map of 2017 World Migration Stock, 2017 World Migration Stock v.2, 1990-2017 World Migration, and Largest Migration Corridors;
- Select 2017 World Migration Stock v.2;
- Choose a country of your interest;
- Answer the following questions, in 500 words, about the country of your choice.
1. What role does this country play in global and local migration flows today?
2. Does the interactive map reflect all of the current migration flows for the country of your choice?
According to the United Nations data on migration, while 1.5% of emigrants from the United Arab Emirates live in the rest of the world, 87% of the total population in the country is made up of immigrants. Therefore, statistics indicate that the country is highly attractive to immigrants as opposed to the existing incentives for the people to leave the country. Nonetheless, it would be important to note that while a majority of those that leave the country settle in Europe, most of the immigrants come from Asia, with India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh making up the highest number of immigrants into the emirates. Nonetheless, the migration levels to individual countries indicate that a the majority of emigrants from the UAE either end up in Canada, the United States,