Describe two of the six basic principles of effective interpersonal communication
In your paper,
- Describe two or more instances of miscommunication in the A Failure to Communicate (Links to an external site.)
- Describe two of the six basic principles of effective interpersonal communication, utilizing Bevan (Section 1.4)
- Here are the principles of competent communication: taking responsibility for your behavior, trying to achieve shared meaning, acknowledging multiple views, respecting others and yourself, listening and evaluating the message before responding, and learning and practicing your communication skills.
- For further elaboration of these principles, watch one or more of the videos in the “Resources” box in the top-right corner of this assignment prompt.
- Explain how the characters in the video follow or do not follow the two principles identified, utilizing Bevan.
- Explain one or more form(s) of noise from Bevan (Section 1.2) and how it caused the miscommunication in the video, utilizing Bevan.
- These include physical, physiological, psychological, and semantic noise.
- Discuss how this noise can be overcome, based on advice from Bevan.
The Basic Principles of Effective and Competent Communication paper
- Must be 500 words (two double-spaced pages) in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include introduction and conclusion paragraphs.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize an academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Image preview for describe two of the six basic principles of effective interpersonal communication