1. Students will choose from one of the following topics:
a. Nursing during an epidemic, pandemic, or natural disaster across the country or around the globe
b. Social media influences on health or health care delivery
c. The effect of the media on the nursing image. How can nurses educate the public and help portray the true image of nursing?
d. The prevalence and impact of substance abuse among nurses (impaired nursing)
e. impact of collective bargaining on the nursing profession
f. Impact of workplace harassment and violence on the nursing profession
g. You may select from ONE of the following technological advances and discuss its impact on patient outcomes:
i. Telehealth technology
ii. Health applications
iii. Health-related/electronic wearables
2. PPT Presentation will have 8-10 slides, NOT including the title and reference slides. You will also need to include graphics to make your slides interesting.
3. You are to create bullet points for each slide, not including the title and reference slides. Include speaker notes for each slide by including 4-5 sentences to address the bulleted items on each slide. Please follow APA style and include citations in your speaker notes.
4. Including a minimum of 4-5 peer research articles as references in the presentation. All research articles need to be within 5 years from today’s date. No blog, chat, other university or Wikipedia information is allowed in presentation. The PowerPoint presentation must follow APA style.
5. Describe in detail your plan for how you would lobby your legislators or local government for funding and support for your chosen current issue or trend.
6. Include the following elements in your presentation:
a. How will the topic impact your role as a nurse in the nursing workforce or clinical setting?
b. Current relevance of the topic
c. How your topic is integrated and used in clinical practice
Image preview for”how can nurses educate the public and help portray the true image of nursing?”