Week 2 Assignment
The video for this assignment, We Shall Remain: After the Mayflower, is the first episode in a larger series entitled We Shall Remain. I hope it is interesting to you as it deals with New England history in particular.
Please answer the questions below based on the video We Shall Remain: After the Mayflower.
+ Weblink: https://umasslowell.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://fod.infobase.com/p_ViewVideo.aspx?xtid=44689&tScript=0
There is no need to write an extensive answer. Just write a few thoughtful sentences for each question to let me know you watched the video and thought about it. When you are finished, save your work and upload it into Blackboard.
1. Why did the Pilgrims and the Wampanoags form an alliance? (min 4-6, 1 point)
2. How did the “world turn upside-down” for the Wampanoags in the years 1617-1619? (min 12-16, 1 point)
3. Why did the Wampanoags spare the lives of the Pilgrims? Why didn’t they wipe out the Pilgrims? (min. 17-22, 1 point).
6. What were “praying towns”? (min. 49-52, 1 point).
7. What was the result of King Philip’s War? (min. 106-111, 1 point)
8. Please compare and contrast the experience of the Wampanoags with the experience of the Aztec empire found in the lecture notes. (3 points. I expect this answer to be 2 paragraphs).
Image preview for”why did the Pilgrims and the Wampanoags form an alliance?”