Does the American prison system rehabilitate offenders or punish them?
HUS 4561: Social Problems and Policy
Leon-Guerrero, A. (2018). Social problems: Community, policy, and social action (6th Ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications. ISBN: 9781506362724
Important Note: Quoted material is not allowed for coursework
Module 4 – Drug Abuse & Crime
In this lesson you will learn:
• About the seriousness of the drug problem in America
• About community, police and social policy responses to drugs
• About drug legalization initiatives
• Biopsychosocial explanations of crime
• About types and prevalence of crime in America
• About inequalities in crime
• About responses to crime and criminal behavior in America
• Chapter 12
• Chapter 13
• Announcing: Analysis of a Community Social Problem Assignment Instructions
Module 4 Discussion 2
Prison Policy Reform
There have long been calls for prison reform in the U. S. The American prison system has become a large industry; an industry fraught with an increasingly negative legacy. As the incarcerated population grows, so do the doubts and questions as to its appropriate focus and function.
For this forum, discuss your perspectives related to the following questions:
Does the American prison system rehabilitate offenders or punish them? Are offenders deterred or improved by the system?
Support your answer. Give examples where possible.
• Submit your first original post of a minimum of 150 words
Image preview for”does the American prison system rehabilitate offenders or punish them? “
Click the purchase button to get full answer.