In what ways do your artifacts support mastery of the program outcome?
Directions for Program Outcomes Retrospective Paper
A retrospective is a compilation of representative examples of work from a major part of person’s life.
As you complete your degree, this assignment provides the opportunity for you to look back over the
milestone moments in your program and share significant events and learning which have contributed
to your professional growth and practice.
Using the program outcomes as a framework, compose a Program Outcomes Retrospective Paper
explaining how you have mastered each program outcome and how this experience has contributed to
your overall life’s work. For each program outcome, use the capstone artifacts to provide concrete
examples of these milestone moments in a well-developed, clear, and thorough rationale paragraph. For
each outcome, consider the following:
• In what ways do your artifacts support mastery of the program outcome?
• How do your artifacts provide evidence of competency in this area?
• Are any gaps evident?
*Please craft at least one paragraph for each program outcome to address these questions.
Consider the following questions in reference to the program and any specific program outcomes:
• How have you grown or developed during your enrollment in this program?
• How has this program helped you in your personal growth?
• How will your competency in the program outcome enhance your professional work?
A template for the paper has been provided for you in Student Commons in the Capstone Experiences
APA and Writing Checklist
• Title page (running header, title, author’s name, author’sinstitution)
• Running header on each page. The title page differs from the title page running header
• Title on first written page
• Introduction paragraph
• Use headings
• Conclusion paragraph
• References with doi# or url
Length: The double-spaced paper should be 8-10 pages in length.
• Compose the paper in a Word document.
• Leave a one-inch margin at the top, bottom, left, and right.
• Use 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font.
• Organize your paper with APA (6th edition) headings and sub-headings.
• References: Follow APA (6th edition) format.
Image preview for in what ways do your artifacts support mastery of the program outcome?