Properties of mass and weight
1. Is a person in a roller coaster at the top of the loop actually ‘weightless’? Explain using centripetal/centrifugal force vs. weight.
2. What is the difference between ‘mass’ and ‘weight’? Explain.
Or you may decide which topics to discuss, as long as they are germane to the topics covered in this module.
You could consider the following as good topics for discussion:
- How does this module’s content relate to your professional career? Personal life?
- How does this module’s content relate to current events?
- What were your “Aha!” moments as you worked through the material?
- Did you explore a topic only covered briefly or lightly in the course materials? What did you discover?
- What concepts (learning objectives) did you struggle with? What resources helped you overcome this hurdle?
Solution PreviewAt the top of the loop, centripetal force acting at the accelerating body is equal to centrifugal force pulling the body towards the point or center of rotation. Weightless condition is experienced when the two forces are equal and therefore…
Properties of mass and weight was last modified: August 3rd, 2018 by