Explain the type of reliability that is being assessed by the two psychologists.
PSY3800 Introduction to Psychological Testing and Assessment SU01
Consider the following scenario:
Two psychologists observe a student with attention problem to determine the percentage of time the student spends on a task in the classroom. They mark the student every ten seconds as either on the task or off the task. At the end of fifteen minutes, they compare their results.
Based on your understanding of the above scenario, create a 2- to 3-page report in a Microsoft Word document answering the following:
- Explain the type of reliability that is being assessed by the two psychologists.
- Explain why it will be important for these two psychologists to address variance when they are trying to assess the reliability of their methodology.
- Explain why reliability is a property of an assessment score rather than a property of an instrument.
- Explain what will happen to the reliability of scores if:
- True scores are responsible for variability in observed scores?
- Random errors are responsible for variability in observed scores?
Select any psychological trait such as:
Any trait is a fair game. Imagine that you have a colleague who created a new test to measure the psychological trait you choose. Because you are very interested in this particular psychological trait and thus, are interested in understanding whether your colleague’s test purports what it is touted to purport. Thus, you have decided to conduct a test to assess the validity of the instrument.
Based on your readings and understanding of the topic, answer the following:
- Briefly outline the plan you would develop to obtain content, criterion, construct, and face validity evidence for the test.
Support your responses with examples.
Using APA format, appropriately cite your sources throughout the assignment and include references on a separate page.
Image preview for explain the type of reliability that is being assessed by the two psychologists.