Rationale and Analysis of the Social Security Administration
Describe two functions of this agency.
Week 2 Assignment – Rationale and Analysis of Agency
Assume the role of a consultant who works for a consulting firm that has asked you to research this agency and file a report with the vice president of public programs and client support. This report will be reviewed by the VP as well as by the leaders of the agency for whom you are working.
Write a 6 – 8 page paper (including title and reference page), titled Part 1: Rationale and Analysis for the [Social Security Administration ] in which you separate the content into the following sections:
- Functions of the Agency.
- Analysis of the Social Security Administration. Develop an in-depth analysis of the selected agency’s planning, organizational design, and implementation, and then provide recommendations for improvement. Research related academic sources, the agency’s website, or a relevant government website.
- Analysis of Policy Implementation.
- Recommendations for Planning and Implementation.
- Provide background information about the agency or department, its mission, goals, and objectives. This will go into the section titled Introduction.
- Describe two functions of this agency.
- Analyze one current event involving this agency.
- Explain the rationale for selecting the agency with two justifiable reasons.
- Analyze two major milestones, (internal or external), affecting the agency’s success and one result of the effectiveness of the agency’s planning, or implementation functions.
- Analyze two possible causes (internal or external) that appear to have the effect of impeding the organization’s implementation of its policy and meeting its goals and objectives.
- Recommend one strategy (from the previous criterion) that the agency could implement to improve its effectiveness in the areas of planning, organization, and implementation. Support the recommendation with an explanation.
- Use at least two quality sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. Include no more than one nongovernment website.
Answer preview describe two functions of this agency.