Reader-Response Paper on a Work from the Early Modern Period
Francis Petrarch, Sonnets
Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Michel de Montaigne, Essays
William Shakespeare, Hamlet
choose one of them
The Process — The paper should have three sections:
- The introduction — You should outline the basics of the text to be examined. Give the author, title and a brief history of where the work came from. The introduction should also include the thesis, a statement outlining what the your ultimate reaction to the work in question is.
- The summary – You will need to accurately retell entirely in your own words the basic elements of the work you are examining; be sure to document specific details as you go. Those basic elements include introducing the main character(s), the setting, and the plot as the author has presented it.
- The response – How you respond to the text is up to you. Here are some of the ways you might focus your paper.
- You might examine one of the critical questions you asked on the worksheet. What do you think is the answer to the question? What details in the text lead you to the answer?
- You might choose to focus on the representation of a character or a theme within the text. Why do you think the author chose to represent the character or present the theme in this way?
- You can discuss how the text does or does not connect with a 21st century student. What do you see as significant, important, or interesting about the work for a 21st century student?
Solution PreviewHamlet is a play written by William Shakespeare. Shakespeare’s works are among the works of the early modern era Among the many plays written by Shakespeare this play is considered by numerous people to be his masterpiece. This paper gives a summary of this play of the early modern period…
Reader-Response Paper on a Work from the Early Modern Period was last modified: July 23rd, 2018 by