The Elusive Concept of Globalisation
This activity will enable you to:
- Understand the process of globalization and its consequences for societies, cultures, groups, and individuals.
Before participating in the discussion, please read the following:
- Lechnar and Boli (Eds), (2012) The Globalization Reader (4th ed.):
- Chapter 3: The Elusive Concept of Globalisation
- Chapter 4: Jihad vs. McWorld
- Chapter 5: The Clash of Civilations
- Watch the following movie:
Answer the following discussion questions:
- Do you agree that capitalism is primarily concerned with profit making and not world welfare?
- Analyze the profit motive, and give two to three examples of the actions resulting from it. Explain how these actions affect welfare, positively or negatively.