The kinds of vertebrae fauna that ruled the earth just before dinosaurs
. Describe the kinds of vertebrate faunas that existed just before dinosaurs became the most abundant and diverse terrestrial vertebrates.
5. What were the dramatic “revolutions” that changed the face of paleontology after the 1960s?
6. Cite an examples of how cladograms changed paleontological thinking.
7. Give two examples of how early twentieth- century imperialism moved the science of paleontology forward.
8. In what fundamental ways does the legend of the griffin differ from our understanding of protoceratops?
9. Contrast what you know of the Triassic- Jurassic extinction with the Cretaceous- tertiary extinction.
10. Explain the difference between a cladistics view of dinosaur origins and H. G. Seeley’s understanding of the origins of dinosaurs.
Solution PreviewThe kinds of vertebrae fauna that ruled the earth just before dinosaurs were prehistoric reptiles. These prehistoric reptiles were stocky herbivorous, pareiasaurs which were branded as the ugliest fossils. Though they were less known…