The meaning and importance of informed consent
Write a 800 – 1200 word paper that includes the following:
- the meaning and importance of informed consent. Include a court case in which informed consent was breached and/or other informed consent issues occurred. You may use the examples in the book or research different one
- a fictional scenario of a client/client issue. State the fictional client’s name, background, issues, and their age.
- identify how you would clarify and convey the responsibilities of you as the “counselor” and your client as the “client”
- identify how would you inform your client of his or her rights based on the scenario you created? Keep in mind the client’s age and issues
This paper must:
- have a thesis statement (statement of purpose/intent), must indicate the topics to be covered
- use ONLY professional, objective language. Use objective, formal, not conversational tone/style
- use APA style
- use direct quotes sparingly – work on paraphrasing and appropriate citations for the paraphrased information
Before you submit your assignment to Blackboard, submit it to Turnitin.com using the link below. After you have reviewed your Originality Report and used it to reduce your Similarity Index appropriately (you can submit your assignment to Turnitin.com multiple times), submit BOTH your assignment and the Originality Report to Blackboard.
Informed consent refers to the process through which a healthcare provider discloses vital information to a competent patient so that he/she can make the voluntary choice to accept or decline the treatment. As such, this is…
The meaning and importance of informed consent was last modified: July 21st, 2018 by