The World Trade Organization
Reminder: Initial Discussion Board posts due by Friday, responses due by Tuesday
Students will be expected to post their first initial discussion board posting by Friday of each week. Discussion posts will be graded and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Students are expected to post their responses to peers by Tuesday. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
Dispute settlement is the focus of the World Trade Organization (WTO) and the way that the organization keeps the global economy stable.
- What is the WTO, and what is its history?
- What are the benefits of being a member of the WTO?
- What are the disadvantages?
- How does it settle disputes?
Choose a recent dispute between 2 countries, and discuss it with your peers. Include the following:
- Summary of what happened
- How it was resolved
- Role played by the WTO
- Do you agree with the resolution?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What stands out in terms of the various disputes addressed?
- Do you see any ways noted/ hinted at that the WTO could do better or have more support toward its efforts?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Solution PreviewThe international community has often made efforts to improve the relations in trade between different countries. By improving the terms of trade, the various countries in partnership developed an improvement in trade volume and greater economic…