How does this relate to Erikson’s crisis of integrity vs. despair?
#1- UNIT 7 DISCUSSION
After completing the readings in Unit 7 and further researching the topic, post a two-paragraph response to the following:
• It is probably true that development is more diverse in late adulthood than at any other age: Some elderly people run marathons and lead nations, while others are no longer able to move or think. Share your thoughts on this diversity of development in late adulthood. How does this relate to Erikson’s crisis of integrity vs. despair?
• How do you envision your own late adult years, and what steps can you take to make sure that you reach the goals you have set for yourself?
Please make sure that your discussion comments abide by the Netiquette policy outlined in the syllabus.
#2 LIVING OLD
Watch the following PBS Frontline documentary, titled “Living Old” (video is 55 minutes in length, so plan ahead for this assignment)
(NOTE: The link above should work when you click on it, but if not, please copy and paste the link into your web browser.)
Write a 2-page reflection on the video. Address all of the following questions in your reflection:
• What, if anything, surprised you?
• What did you find most meaningful, and why?
• How has this changed your view of growing older, and of the elderly people in your life?
• Explain Erikson’s theory of Ego Integrity vs. Despair, using examples from the video.
• How did the readings this week deepen your understanding of the video? (make connections between the readings and the video)
Your reflection must cite at least two outside sources (from the unit reading and another source). Frontline offers a supplementary website to accompany the video, providing additional information on this topic. Feel free to use this website as one of your sources. Be sure to include APA-formatted in-text citations within your paper, as well as an APA-formatted reference page at the end of your paper.
Image preview for how does this relate to Erikson’s crisis of integrity vs. despair