White Collar and Financial Crimes Unit 5 IP
You have been assigned to a case to explore for unreported income and possible embezzlement of funds from a small financial service organization.
Another staff member used a public records search and other data from the company to complete a financial profile of the suspect. The data sheet has been given to you for further analysis.
This data sheet profile includes a balance sheet and income and expense data. You are aware that there may be other assets that could not be identified or traced to the suspect. Nonetheless, you will prepare a net worth analysis and discuss several observation and issues.
Use the attached suspect data to do the following:
- Use the indirect method to prepare a net worth analysis.
- Prepare a discussion analysis of the results. Guidelines are as follows:
- Discuss the entire 5-year period of data
- Be substantive. Do not just repeat the numbers on the schedule without further critical analysis.
- Determine whether results indicate if fraud may be occurring or not. Explain why you believe this.
- Identify other factors you would need to consider to determine that fraud has occurred.
2-3 pages, APA Format
Net worth analysis
Table 1.0. Net worth analysis
Ending Net Worth
Less: Beginning Net Worth
Increase in Net Worth