1. Below you will find an attachment of the riverband scenario and also some pages from the book if you need to quote it
EVALUATE TASK FORCE PARTICIPANT
In Unit 2 you completed a Riverbend City scenario on evaluating and selecting a task force member. The purpose of this assignment is to provide you an opportunity to reflect on that experience. After completing the media scenario from the previous study, begin to evaluate how your knowledge of human services theories supported your choices in the scenario. Refer to the linked Resources as needed, and consider the following questions in your reflection:
- What are the attributes of effective human services professionals?
- What was your evaluation of these attributes in the employees you interviewed?
- What were the needs for multidisciplinary and diverse participation on the task force?
- Which interviewee did you choose to join the task force?
- What were the strengths and weaknesses of this person?
- What would you recommend to help this person address weaknesses?
- Based on your readings thus far, how do human services theories and models support your recommendations?
- Font: Use 12-point Times or Times New Roman, double-spaced type.
- Writing: Writing should be clear, organized, and free of errors; it should also follow professional standards.
- Research: Use at least 3 academic sources to support your work.
- Length: Your paper should be 3–4 pages, not including the cover page or reference page.
- Format: Follow all APA current edition style and format requirements.
The exercise that we conducted in the last assignment was one that helped increase my knowledge on the role of human services within a given community. The Riverbend scenario also offered me with an opportunity to apply some of the human services theories that are applicable in the real world. There are several items that I wish to reflect upon from the exercise that we conducted. The first is to assess some of the attributes of effective human services professionals. These are traits and characteristics that enable human services professionals to meet the various outcome of human services. Some of the major attributes that one must possess include showing patience, showing empathy, understanding, and caring about the needs of the people (Harris, & Maloney, 2017). Showing genuine concern for the people at the societal level guarantees that human services professionals do everything in their ability to ensure that the various outcomes of the society are met.