What External components does your PC have (Speakers, Printer and so forth)?
• Using the assorted computer parts provided in class fill out the following Table:
Identify the part Describe the computer component and use
1. What External components does your PC have (Speakers, Printer and so forth)?
Describe each components with as much detail as you can:
2. Look at the back of your PC and list all cables and cords connected to ports and other connections. Fill in the following table:
Describe the port or connector to which the cable or cord is connected Purpose of the cable or cord
3. What other ports on the PC are being used? List them
4. In the Lab open your PC and describe the following major components. List any other components you find inside the case. Fill the table below. For drives you find installed, describe the type of interface used (for example, IDE or SATA):
Component Description-include the manufacture and model name (if listed) as well as its distinguishing characteristics
System fan (not inside the power supply)
Video card (if not integrated)
Network card (if not integrated)
Sound Card (if not integrated)
1. How did you decide which expansion card was the video card?
2. How did you identify the type of CPU you have?
3. Does your system have much room for adding new components? What types of expansion bus slots are available for adding new cards?
4. Is there space for upgrading the RAM? If there isn’t, what could you do to still upgrade?
5. Where (specifically) would you go on the Internet to download a PDF of the motherboard or system manual? What information would be required?
When done upload answers to Moodle
Image preview preview what External components does your PC have (Speakers, Printer and so forth)?