Culturally Competent Strategies for English Language Learners (ELLs)
This week, you will complete the first section of an ePortfolio, which will demonstrate your cultural competence in using culturally relevant methods. Since this is the first component in your ePortfolio you will need to begin your ePortfolio. Review the “Creating an ePortfolio” job aid( WHEN YOU CLICK ON CREATING AN EPORTFOLIO GO TO PAGE 3 WHERE IS SAY Now you are ready to add pages for each of the requirements listed in the syllabus for your ePortfolio. THIS IS WHERE YOU NEED TO START ON THIS ASSIGNMENT!! I HAVE STARTED THE PORTFOLIO, CREATED THE TITLE PAGE) and the Example ePortfolio (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for guidance. LOOK AT THE EXAMPLE LINK. PLEASE GO OVER THE EXAMPLE AND FOLLOW.
1. Using Chapters 1 and 2 of your text and at least one additional scholarly source,
2. compile a list of 20 culturally competent strategies for English language learners (ELLs).
3. At least five of your strategies should be appropriate for infants/toddlers,
4. five strategies should be appropriate for preschool, and
5. five strategies should be appropriate for early elementary age.
6. You may select the age level for the five remaining strategies. Either infent/toddler, preschool, or early elememtary
7. your chart should include the following:
Name of Strategy Age Group Definition Classroom Example
(IN THE CHART 20 STRATEGIES IN ALL)
8. In addition to the completed chart, include an APA title page and reference page.
9. Utilize at least one scholarly source in addition to the text to support your ideas, and cite all sources in APA format
Children who are English learners need to learn both their home language and their second language. Learning these languages enhanced their language and literacy skills. The use of scientific and evidence-based practices will support the English Language…