We want to examine social determinants of health
We want to examine social determinants of health and/or health inequalities.
We are going to explore the health of Floridians using maps and social determinants of health, such as age, gender, ethnicity, or income levels.
1) Navigate to Florida Charts.
2) Select a county or counties of interest.
3) Gather health care data on your county (Palm Beach County) . You can look at a variety of factors such as income, causes of death, and/or health insurance coverage.
4) You can either compare the differences among people in your county on the social determinants of health, or you can compare two counties.
5) Using Florida charts, download charts and maps to show your comparison. What patterns did find?
6) Summarize your results in a powerpoint
Link (Links to an external site.) to Florida Charts
Link (Links to an external site.) to Florida Charts mapper
Image preview for we want to examine social determinants of health